Visit 'The Gong', home to Aunty Jack and the Port Kembla Steelworks, both icons to the post-boomer generation of Aussies. It was a simpler world back then with irreverant humour and school trips to the most dangerous workplaces.
Loiter over Wollongong and check out the steelworks.
Then travel up one what is probably the most beautiful parts of Australia's east coast to Sydney's eastern suburbs. At Bondi Beach you will see lots of Poms and Kiwis mixing it up with the Great Whites.
Just when you think it couldn't get any better, turn into Sydney Harbour and pass the Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
- Country: Australia
- Locale: N.S.W. | Sydney & Surrounds
- Route: YSCN Camden to YSCN Camden
- Distance: 103 nm
- File name: australia-YSCN-to-YSCN-VFR-wollongong-221202
- WP 1 - Cataract Dam
- WP 2 - Bulli Pass, Mount Keira Lookout
- WP 3 - Flagstaff Point Lighthouse
- WP 4 - N along the coast to Little Bay at the entrance to Botany Bay
- WP 5 - N along the coast to Watson's Bay | Pass Bondi Beach
- WP 6 - Sydney Harbour Bridge
- WP 7 - W along Parramatta River to the River Cat | Pass Gladesville Bridge
- WP 8 - Prospect Reservoir
WP 1 - Cataract Dam
WP 2 - Bulli Pass, Mount Keira Lookout
Port Kembla Steelworks
WP 3 - Lighthouse at Endeavour Drive, Wollongong
WP 3 - Flagstaff Point Lighthouse
Up the coast
WP 4 - Little Bay at the entrance to Botany Bay
WP 5 - Watson's Bay
WP 6 - Sydney Harbour Bridge
Parramatta. There is a River Cat visible, the wharf is around the bend to the right
WP 7 - River Cat
WP 8 - Prospect Reservoir