The Sidewinder needs itís own power socket (keep those power boards coming) - it has 8 buttons, a hat, throttle and rudders on board.
It comes with all the necessary software and uses a USB port.
To use Microsoft® SideWinder® Force Feedback 2 with the Game Controller Software you will need:
- Pentium 166 or higher processor
- USB port
- Microsoft Windows® 98 or Windows 2000 Professional operating system
- 16 MB of memory (RAM)
- 25 MB of available hard-disk space
- DirectX® 7.0a API (included)
- Quad-speed CD-ROM drive
- Super VGA, 256-color monitor
- Microsoft Mouse, or compatible pointing device
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later browser software to view User Guide
- Printer for profile printouts (optional)
- Joystick is compatible with Windows 98 or later based games only
|O/S||Year||Compatibility / setup|
|Windows 7 64 bit||Dec 2018||
This info worked for me.
I then used JoyToKey to map the buttons.