Exhibit: Can I learn to fly in a flight sim?
Can I learn to fly in a flight sim?
Yes, and also no.
- First an important disclaimer
- ... and a further disclaimer
- How does the scenery compare?
- What is similar?
- What's Different?
- What can I do?
- What can't I do?
- Other notes
- My house and ORH (the airport)
- June 5th - First Night Flight
- June 13th - Starting to Get it!
- July 29th - First solo! ! !
- August 5th - Mini Cross Country
- Sept 10th - First Dual Cross Country Flight
- In my flight bag
- Checking out the Piper Warrior
- Germany in a Mooney
Finally Chino gained his Private Pilot licence...
- Dual cross country
- Solo cross country
- Mr. 7777
- Night Moves
- Long solo cross country
- Check ride prep time
- The Big Day (May 14, 2001)
- Mistakes I made
- Get a grip !
I'm still amazed at the great effects even tiny changes in yoke or nose position can make on performance - it's less "yank and bank" than "pull back a few millimeters.