MiGMan's presentation "History of Flight Sims" at the Australian Flight Sim Expo, August 2004
Check out the great review of the expo at Flightsim.com by John Dow
Lots of networked combat and formation flying was going down in Falcon 4.0 , Red Baron 3D, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004.
Mick Coen, the main organiser, fights in his custom F-16 pit.
I even had the chance to buzz the tower and land an F-16 !
Mick Coen's 'pit made good use of 2 Saitek PC Dash 2's.
What a top location! Plane watcher's paradise. This was the view from the venue. All day I would hear the rumble / scream of jet turbines and look around to see who was taking off... only to realise it was one of those analog planes outside the glass.
One F-16, ready to go home!
After a hard day in the cockpit/s, time to refuel.
Thoroughly revvved up on virtual jet fumes, we kept the high energy banter going until the restaurant kicked us out at 11 p.m.
11:30 a.m. - Peter 'MiGMan' Inglis
- Flight Simulation Historian : 'History of Public Flight Simulations' ... presented in my usual inimitable style, with plenty of video examples from the golden oldies.
1:00 p.m. - Bill Smith
- Author of flight sim novel, 'Get Real' 'Flight Sim Mania!'
2:30 p.m. - Flt. Lt. Tom 'Houch' Gleeson
- RAAF F/A18 Hornet Pilot and defence simulation specialist 'Simulation and the Defence
- Flight Simulation LAN Meet
- Australian Virtual Top Gun Competition
- Worldwide VATSIM Convention
- Product demos from Microsoft, Ubisoft and others
- Free prizes and giveaways
- Saturday, August 28th, 2004.
- 11am - 4pm
- The T2 Function Centre inside the Virgin Blue domestic terminal at Sydney International Airport, Mascot, New South Wales.
- This is the old Ansett Goldwing Lounge (corporate facilities).
- It boasts floor to ceiling glass walls with commanding views over the main airport runway.
- Close up views of the Virgin Blue departures and arrivals tarmac.
- Don't forget to bring your camera!