Xmas 2002 Bumper Edition
December 24th, 2002. Xmas Eve
FREE AREA (note that the entire content of the Museum is free to read now).
In the Xmas spirit I've placed a copy of this Museum exhibit in the free sample area - >> moved back to original location as the entire site is free now << Valley Forge (2002)
A tough brief
Exhibit: Strike Aces / Fighter Bomber (1989)
Publisher: Activision and Accolade
Platform: Atari ST, Commodore Amiga and PC
Comments: The sim was set in a bombing competition inspired by Gen. Curtis LeMay's training events. It featured an unusual mix of flyable aircraft: F-4 Phantom , F-15E Strike Eagle, F-111 Aardvark, MiG-27 Flogger, RAF and Luftwaffe Tornado and the Saab Viggen.
- All enemy targets must be destroyed.
- You start with low internal fuel
- Due to length of mission, you may require air-air refuelling twice.
- Pick up secret plans from specified airport on Rwy36 or Rwy36L and deliver them to other specified airport
- Fly down the 'tunnel of death' and also destroy all SAM's in the 'tunnel'.
- Land back at base on any Rwy.
- Warning, a 10min timer may start at any time during the mission - the mission must be completed before the timer stops.
- All the airbases
- Berlin - detail
- Berne - " "
- Calais - " "
- London - " "
- Interlaken - " "
- Saint Malo - " "
- Southhampton - " "
- All the aircraft
Tough enough ??? This was the sort of challenge posed by Activision's 1990 sim Strike Aces or Fighter Bomber
I went through the Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator (1998) exhibit like a dose of the salts, adding info, tidying up and moving the 3rd party campaigns to their own exhibits (see below). New info :
Exhibit: Thunderjets over Korea (2002)
Release Date: 2002
Platform: PC, Microsoft Combat Flight Sim 1
Developer: Mike Eustace and Doug Attrell
In collection: Yes.
Comments: Thunderjets over Korea (2002) allows you to fly the F-84e Thunderjet in the Korean War using the Microsoft Combat Flight Sim simulation engine.
Korean War Valley Forge (2002) Thunderjets Over Korea Red Star over Korea