- precision_manufacturing1C Game Studios
- content_paste"1C Game Studios is the developer of technologically advanced combat flight sims including the next-gen IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles series of products set during WWII and the WWI flight simulator Rise of Flight." - Steam
- precision_manufacturing1C Maddox
- content_pasteRussian developer and publisher and, without a doubt, creator of the most outstanding World War 2 flight sims of the 2000's.
- precision_manufacturing3D Perception
- content_pasteWith over 10,000 visual channels fielded, 3D perception is the world’s preeminent supplier of immersive, curved screen, projected simulator visual display systems. 3D perception designs and supplies turn-key seamless visual Display Systems and technologies for simulation applications.
- content_pasteThis was the dawn of 3D graphics acceleration on PCs. The Banshee turned my modest Pentium 233MMX into a screaming graphics machine, with all the great Voodoo graphics effects and a silky smooth frame rate on most sims.
- content_pasteSpecialises in add-ons for the Microsoft flight sims. |
Jim Oldfield, Jr - Vice President and Publisher of Abacus
"Abacus is a publisher of quality flight simulation software and computer books. We've been developing and publishing software for the home consumer market since 1978 making us one of the pioneers in the personal computer industry."
We're one of the world's leading developers and publishers of flight simulation add-ons. Currently, our worldwide bestsellers include Corporate Pilot, CoPilot, Private Pilot and FS Design Studio - all add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000.
These software products are sold by a network of major retail chains and computer specialty stores throughout the world.
Our Premier Collection Series of flight-sim add-ons delivers Internet-only flight sim addons direct to users by download. Each product in the series is chosen based on the highest quality standards and offers the user a chance to "try-before-you-buy".
You may also recognized us as the publisher of the well-respected Flight Simulator World Magazine for flight simulator enthusiasts. "
- content_paste"The rumble of the engine at 80% power could be felt through my body. I pushed up to full military power. The sensation was VERY nice. I kicked in the burner and WOW, my body was saturated with the feeling of power." - Len Hjalmarson, Combatsim.
- content_paste"The Aerosoft GmbH was founded in 1991 at the Airport Paderborn/Lippstadt. In the beginning, the development of software for training and exam preparation of pilots as well as the distribution of professional procedure trainers were the main focal points.
Since 1992 add-ons for the Microsoft Flight Simulator are being released. Also in that year, the ACP (Aircraft Control Panel) marked the first own hardware release. The year 2002 saw the introduction of the label “Train World” for worldwide publishing of add-ons for the Microsoft Train Simulator. Later on additional simulations followed, like the series “World of Subways” and OMSI. In 2012, the company expanded its flight simulation portfolio with the release of “X-Plane 10”. These days, the label Aerosoft houses an even broader range of titles like “ATC Global”, “Fernbus Coach Simulator”, “Emergency Call 112 – The Fire Fighting Simulation”, and the truck simulator “On the Road”.
About 30 employees and more than 50 freelancers work for Aerosoft today. In conjunction with the numerous cooperations, Aerosoft can be counted as one of the world’s leading publishers in the simulation genre. Thanks to strong distribution partners in Europe, South America and the USA, Aerosoft today generates over 50% of their turnover abroad.Numerous international awards from the industry and customers alike repeatedly prove the high quality standard of the products. Increasing interest from airlines, pilots and flight instructors illustrate the great realism of Aerosoft’s software. For sales and software development, Aerosoft is supported by the subsidiary and sister companies Simware, Brussels; Aerosoft USA, Inc., Florida and PAD-Labs, Germany."
- content_pasteThe Aimsworth Viper I was an exacting representation of the real Lockheed F-16 Fighting Falcon cockpit in all major dimensions, true to the original.
- precision_manufacturingAir Power Australia
- content_paste" Australia requires a modern integrated joint national force structure for its defence. Air Power Australia aims to contribute to the development of such a joint force structure. Air Power Australia is a non-profit entity established with the aim of promoting air power in this context; stimulating public and parliamentary debate on air power topics; educating the community; and, publishing and archiving papers and articles on air power topics."
- precision_manufacturingAircrew Interview
- content_pasteStarted in 2014, Aircrew Interview is a video and podcast series that interviews and documents past and present aircrew of both military and civilian types.
- content_pasteDevelopers and publishers of high quality add-ons for Microsoft civil flight sims, they specialise in military aircraft.
- content_pasteDevelopers of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.
- content_pasteThe Atari ST 1040 computer was my introduction to the world of flight simulation. Titles like Gunship, Falcon, F-19 Stealth, F-15 Strike Eagle II and others made use of the dedicated graphics and sound hardware built in to the Atari ST. It took some years for the IBM PC's to catch up.
- content_pasteAVSIM is one of the oldest and most popular communities for flight sim fans.
- precision_manufacturingBohemia Interactive
- content_paste Founded in 1999, Bohemia Interactive released its first major game Arma: Cold War Assault (originally released as Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis*) in 2001. Developed by a small team of people, and published by Codemasters, the PC-exclusive game became a massive success. It sold over 1.2 million copies, won multiple industry awards, and was praised by critics and players alike. Riding the wave of success, Bohemia Interactive created the popular expansion Arma: Resistance (originally released as Operation Flashpoint: Resistance*) released in 2002.
Following the release of its debut game, Bohemia Interactive took on various ambitious new projects, and was involved in establishing a successful spin-off business in serious gaming and simulations with its first game for training: VBS1. In 2005, Bohemia Interactive released Operation Flashpoint: Elite* for Xbox – followed by Arma in 2007, which marked the studio’s first full independent release without support from a major publisher.
Afterwards, the studio started to work on Arma 2. This project also marked the beginning of Bohemia Interactive’s co-operation with two other Czech game development studios, Altar Games and Black Element Software, who assisted in the development of the Arma: Queens Gambit expansion and Arma 2. They were both officially acquired by Bohemia Interactive soon after. Arma 2 proved to be another success for Bohemia Interactive, and remained a priority for several years after release, resulting in several expansions, such as Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, and Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic.
- precision_manufacturingCKAS Mechatronics
- content_pasteManufacturer of Full 6DOF Motion (CKAS V10 6DOF), 200 degree wrap around collimated display system (CKAS DepView 7 Channel), Control loading and full cockpit representation.
- precision_manufacturingCollings Foundation
- content_pasteThe Collings Foundation hosts a variety of fantastic living history events at the Stow, MA headquarters and across the United States. | Operates one of the world's greatest collections of historic aircraft.
- content_pasteOne of the very first sites dedicated to Air Combat flight sims and still going strong after more than two decades!
- content_pasteMFDs with working displays for Falcon BMS and DCS.
- precision_manufacturingCXC Simulations
- content_pasteCXC Simulations specializes in combining space-age materials with cutting-edge design to create extremely realistic racing simulation products and state-of-the-art control systems.
- precision_manufacturingDauntless Aviation
- content_pasteApps and training aids for real world and sim pilots.
- precision_manufacturingDigital Integration
- content_pasteThis UK based development team have created a string of innovative Flight Sims which manage to place the gamer in the most sophisticated air combat environments while maintaining a high level of accessibility. They consistently pushed the limits of 3-D modelling and portrayed the most up-to-date combat avionics systems reaching an apogee with the 1998 sim Total Air War which reproduced a modern air war as seen from an AWACS and from the cockpit of the next generation fighter the F-22.
- content_pasteUK developer founded by Dominic Wheatley and Mark Strachan during the 1980s, which produced iconic combat flight sims.
- content_pasteDSB Design is an example of the way the internet has empowered talented artists, enabling them to form creative collaborations which span the globe and then deliver their creations to fans. Until I met David Brice, the founder of DSB Design at the Australian Flight Simulation Expo - August 28th, 2004, I had assumed the creator of a magnificient Eurofighter for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002, was a German based group. Not so. It turns out they live just down the road from me in sunny Sydney, Australia. Small world indeed.
- precision_manufacturingEagle Interactive
- content_paste"Eagle Interactive developed the software used at Fightertown. As of 2002 there appears to be no web site for Eagle Interactive. Head of Eagle Interactive is Dave Kinney, founder of the Fightertown combat flight simulation center in Southern California.
With over 20 years of uncompromising dedication to developing the most cost-effective and realistic PC-based flight training solutions available, ELITE is now one of the most respected names in the business. That is why you'll find ELITE in more airlines, aviation academies, corporate flight departments, flight schools and universities worldwide than any other comparable simulators.
- precision_manufacturingFlyingIron Simulations
- content_pasteWe are a team of two brothers based in the wonderful Sydney, Australia. We have been passionate about aviation and flight simulation for many years, with a particular love for military aircraft.
We have a background in 3D Game Art & Sound Design, and we have taught ourselves programming over the course of the last few years. We develop high quality aircraft for the X-Plane 11 flight simulator
- precision_manufacturingFS Addon
- content_pasteFSAddon Publishing was founded by Miguel Blaufuks and François Dumas, with the main purpose of publishing new and existing software add-ons for the Microsoft Flight Simulator range of products. " (Pub info)
- precision_manufacturingFSX Thunderbirds
Dear Migman, Hello, I'm the Lead/Commander of the 2009 FSX Thunderbirds. I tripped on your website today and was very surprised in seeing a website that I actually enjoyed looking at. I would just like to say very nice website, and if you would like to know more about the FSX Thunderbirds, our website is: www.FSXThunderbird.com. Thanks alot and I attached a few of pictures in this message for you also.
- Lt Col. Burst
- precision_manufacturingGeneral Dynamics
- content_pasteGeneral Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
- content_pasteGMX Media is on track to become one of the world's leading publishers and distributors of video games for all consoles (Microsoft®, Nintendo®, Sega® and Sony®), personal computers (PCs), and Macintosh hardware, as well as all available interactive platforms. Headquartered in the UK with operations or partners in every major territory in the world. " (Pub info)
- precision_manufacturingGOG (Good Old Games)
- content_pasteGOG have done simulation fans a great service by making older titles available and tweaked to work on modern platforms.Publisher
- precision_manufacturingHi Tech Creations
- content_pasteBased in Texas USA, HiTech was founded in 1999 and is still going! Almost unique in the history of online flight sims, this is a credit to their love for the hobby.
- precision_manufacturingI soliti 4 gatti
- content_paste"Tacpack Updates for P3DV4. (Require purchase of Tacpack from VRSimulation). (Require TMAP to be installed)."
- precision_manufacturingIndia Foxt Echo
- content_paste"Flight Simulation projects by Dino Cattaneo. Current home to the T-45C Goshawk, F-14D Tomcat, S-3B Viking and F-35 Lightning II projects for Flight Simulator X:Acceleration and Prepar3D v3.0. Also: opinions, reviews and findings about recreational flight simulation and flight games."
Inertia was formed in May 1999 to develop flight simulation games using technologies licensed from Parsoft Interactive. Members of the team had previously developed Hellcats over the Pacific, Hellcats: Mission at Leyte Gulf, A-10 Attack!, A-10 Cuba, Fighter Squadron: Screaming Demons over Europe.
- precision_manufacturingInteractive Entertainment Networks
- content_paste"Wild Bill"" Stealey has recently (2003) rejoined IEN as CEO. "" My goal is to have a profitable series of products based on WarBirds. I would like to see a flying sim for every period of airborne conflict the United States has participated in, Dawn of Aces, WW II, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm.
I would like to have a civilian simulator that would allow the players to fly Cessna's, Pipers, WarBirds, over the US using current IFR and VFR rules. I would like to have a Total Sim series that included great land and tank battles (the WarBirds team tells me we could do that with WarBirds III!)""
(From an interview at www.furball.warbirdsiii.com).
- precision_manufacturingIRIS Simulations
- content_paste"IRIS Simulations is a leading development group specialising in producing content for some of the worlds popular flight simulation platforms."
- precision_manufacturingJanes Combat Simulations
- content_pasteIn October 2001 Xicat Interactive signed an agreement with Jane's Information Group to continue the military games suspended by Electronic Arts. This included the much anticipated Jane's Attack Squadron by Mad Doc Software, which had been sidelined for a year.
- precision_manufacturingJetline Systems
- content_paste"Purchasing a Jetline Systems PC means buying, not only the best performing simulation PC available, but also service and support that extends to your entire simulation project. Jetline technicians are fully trained on all simulation products and also regularly design and implement simulation software and hardware in the most complex settings. Call in anytime and talk with real-world pilots, engineers, and most importantly, simulation enthusiast!"
- precision_manufacturingKey Publishing
- content_pastePublishers of magazines - including PC Pilot Magazine | Books | Multimedia | Flight Sims | Video and DVDs | apparel and merchandise.Publisher
- content_pasteKONAMI CORPORATION was founded in Osaka, Japan in 1969 by Kagemasa Kozuki, who currently serves as chairman of the board and chief executive officer. Perhaps better known for their arcade machines, they also produce games for popular console machines such as the X-box. Publisher
- content_pasteWith over 100 employees, Kuju is based both in Godalming (Surrey), and central London and has been developing games for over 12 years. 1997: Kuju Entertainment established. In March Kuju buys Simis from Eidos and releases Team Apache (1998) by Simis. 2001: Kuju Entertainment releases Ka-52 Team Alligator.
- precision_manufacturingLooking Glass
- content_pasteLooking Glass Studios is now sadly defunct (early 2000) but some of their more famous products were Flight Unlimited, Flight Unlimited II and Flight Unlimited III.
- content_paste"We are a new Company comprised of Developers, Artists, and Managers, dedicated in creating beautiful aircraft for Microsoft's Flight Simulator X and DCS World. We will do long hours of research to painstakingly recreating an accurate and detailed 3D model. Then optimize the code that will bring you to a new immersion for which you will come to expect from us."
- precision_manufacturingMG Sim
- MG Sim - Genoa Ciampino Bv105E
- MG Sim - Haiti S.Domingo Ibpaf
- MG Sim - Linate Arrivals 1
- MG Sim - Linate Departures 1
- MG Sim - Lugano Arrivals 1
- MG Sim - Lugano Zurich
- MG Sim - Mxp Arrivals 1
- MG Sim - Mxp Arrivals 2
- MG Sim - Mxp Arrivals 3
- MG Sim - Mxp Departures 1
- MG Sim - Naples Ciampino Bv1141
- content_pasteMicroprose developed a line of genre-defining Flight sims from the mid 1980's to 2000. Hasbro acquired Microprose in 1998.
- content_paste"Microsoft is the world's largest software developer. Microsoft recognised the potential of flight simulation in the 1980's, and civil flight sims continued to be their flagship entertainment product well into the 2000's.
The 'open architecture' of the series has been key to it's enormous popularity, with 3rd party vendors releasing scenery upgrades, extra aircraft and 'adventures', as well as a thriving 'freeware' community."
- content_paste"Milviz has been around, in one form or another, since 1990. Building on a long history of supplying high quality and accurate 3d models and animations for training environments, games, television and film, we also produce engaging simulations for Flight Simulator X, Prepar3d and X-Plane11."
- precision_manufacturingMission Studios
- content_pasteFounder Bob Dinnerman wrote F/A-18 Interceptor for Electronic Arts. In 1988, an unknown Macintosh developer called Velocitypremiered a flight simulation called Jetfighter. The success of this program lead Velocity to take it seriously and they released two years later a sequel: Jetfighter II.
Located outside of Chicago in Schaumburg, IL, Mission Studios is a developer of computer entertainment software and training/simulation solutions for the military and commercial markets.
Mission Studios was created when Velocity Development Corporation, the publisher of Interceptor, JetFighter I, JetFighter II, and the network tank battle game Spectre, split into two companies. Mission Studios was formed and immediately continued work on the ever popular JetFighter series in collaboration with simulation developer Robert Dinnerman.
Working again with Mr. Dinnerman, Mission Studios published JetFighter III to critical and popular acclaim. In a crowded field of combat flight simulations, JetFighter III stood out with cutting-edge graphics, intense action and unparalleled ease-of-use. In fact, JetFighter III was one of the first PC flight simulations to embrace the emerging crop of 3D graphics accelerators.
Simultaneously to the JetFighter III project, Mission Studios began developing products for the United States military. Using its expertise in 3D graphics and simulation, Mission Studios developed software technology for the F-14 LANTIRN training system used by the U.S. Navy.
Prior to the completion of JetFighter III, Mission Studios was acquired by Take-Two Interactive Software and continues to operate as a wholly-owned subsidiary. Shortly thereafter, Take-Two (TTWO) became a publicly traded company, and Mission Studios began developing the next product in the JetFighter series, JetFighter IV.
As Mission Studios current entertainment project, JetFighter IV: Fortress America continues the legacy the previous products had built, eclipsing the series' prior achievements while maintaining its strengths. With four times the terrain detail as JetFighter III, and improving upon the easiest flight control system available, JetFighter IV delivers an intense aerial combat experience above the San Francisco Bay area.
Founded in 1985, by CEO John Garcia, NovaLogic Inc. is a developer and global publisher of computer games for the PC, PlayStation® and PlayStation® 2 game consoles, NINTENDO GAMECUBE and Xbox™ video game system.
- content_pasteParadigm Entertainment is based in Texas, USA and was acquired by Infogrames in 2000.
- precision_manufacturingPC Pilot
- content_pasteThis mag is beautifully presented with generous screenshots. The writers range from professional aviation authors to academics - and they are all flight sim nuts!Publisher
- precision_manufacturingRAZBAM Simulations
- content_paste"RAZBAM Simulations has been creating top-notch military and civil aircraft simulations since 2003. Until recently, RAZBAM development was focused exclusively on the Microsoft Flight Simulator series, including Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and Microsoft Flight Simulator X. However, the team has stepped away from developing for the aged Flight Simulator X, and into the split future of flight simulations: Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D (for civil aircraft) and Eagle Dynamics' Digital Combat Simulator (for military aircraft)."
- precision_manufacturingRealtime Games Software
- content_paste"Realtime Games Software Ltd. was a British computer game developer, founded in 1984 by three Leeds University students Ian Oliver, Andrew Onions, and Graeme Baird. Their first game, 3D Tank Duel, was a wireframe graphics game, in the style of Atari, Inc.'s Battlezone arcade game, for the ZX Spectrum. This was followed up with Starstrike 3D, a game based on Atari's Star Wars arcade game. Carrier Command was published in 1988. The company was also involved in porting Elite to IBM PC compatibles and Starglider to the ZX Spectrum. " - Wikipedia
- precision_manufacturingRT Dynamics
- content_pasteRTDynamics develops real-time dynamics software for military, civil training and engineering simulations. They provided the flight model for Bohemia Interactive Studio's 'Take on Helicopters' (2011).
- content_pasteThere was a time when I flew in MiGMan's MiG-pit Mk-I with 120 functioning switches and buttons. It worked, but what a pain in the khyber it was to reprogram it! In December 1997 Saitek brought out the PC-Dash, a device which when combined with the X-35/36 programmable joystick and throttle effectively replaced my whole cockpit! | As of 2018, Saitek has been acquired by Logitech.
- content_pasteSierra have had a long and dedicated relationship with Flight Sims, bringing some of the all time classics to the public. The company started in the late '70s as On-Line Systems when founder Ken Williams converted Roberta William's hand-written game concept into the first graphic/text adventure game ever created - "Mystery House".
- content_pasteFounder: Jonathan Newth. Simis was a video game development company founded by Jonathan Newth, Chris Tubbs, Dave Payne and Ian Baverstock in 1989. In 1995 Simis merged with Eidos Technologies, Domark and Big Red Software to form the Eidos Interactive group. Wikipedia
"Sir Clive Sinclair has been inventing electronic devices for over 35 years. Although he is best known for his computers, he has to date released over 70 different products ranging from amplifiers to multimeters to electric vehicles. He continues to produce new items at the rate of about one a year.
Thanks to Planet Sinclair.
- precision_manufacturingThird Wire
- content_pasteThird Wire Productions was formed by ex EA/Janes and Microprose programmer Tsuyoshi Kawahito. Their first product: "Project 1" focussed on the "classic" jets of the 1950's and '60's.
- content_paste1991-2012. "THQ Inc. was an American video game company based in Agoura Hills, California. It was founded in April 1990 by Jack Friedman, originally in Calabasas, and became a public company the following year through a reverse merger takeover. Initially working in the toy business, it expanded into the video game business through several acquisitions before shifting its focus away from toys entirely." - Wikipedia
- content_pasteUDS is an interactive entertainment developer based in Norrkping and Gothenburg, Sweden. The company was founded in 1993 and today they have 75 full-time employees.
- precision_manufacturingUltimate Games
- content_paste"Utimate Games S.A. is a Polish company which was established in 2015 in Warsaw. The company from the very beginning of its activity deals with the production of PC games regarding fishing, hunting and hobby." - Steam
- precision_manufacturingVirgin Interactive
- content_pasteIn 1998 Virgin Interactive published 'Sabre Ace', one of the earliest flight sims which supported the new technology of 3DFX.
- content_pasteFounded by former members of Alphasim, Virtavia sells FSX addons through their own site, and third party vendor sites such as Flight1.com.
- precision_manufacturingVista Oz
- content_pasteVista Oz comprise an international team of skilled enthusiasts who have combined their skills to focus on providing a significant upgrade to the representation of Australia in the Microsoft civil flight sims - starting with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004.
- precision_manufacturingVR1 Entertainment
- content_pasteVR1 was formed in 1993 and develop titles for Microsoft's Xbox, Sony's PlayStation and developed Microsoft Fighter Ace 3.0 - an on-line multiplayer flight sim.
- content_paste"Vertical Reality Simulations LLC. (DBA VRS), established in 2004, is an award-winning developer of professional-level PC-based combat aircraft simulation software. Products and solutions are available for consumer and commercial applications."
- precision_manufacturingWings Simulations
- content_pasteWings Simulations has been developing computer games since the 1980's for the Amiga and Atari platforms. Their most well known PC simulation is Panzer Elite - a World War 2 tank simulation.
- content_pasteManfacturers of commercial civial aviation training simulators, they have a passion for combat flight simulation which has seen them design and release HOTAS and panels for the military sim enthusiast.
- content_paste"YAGER is an independent developer of computer and video games based in Berlin, Germany. Founded in 1999 by five dedicated developers and artists, our focus is the creation of vivid and meaningful AAA gaming experiences. Today, a team of 90+ developers is busy at work bringing YAGER's vision of gaming to life."