- precision_manufacturing1C Game Studios
- content_paste"1C Game Studios is the developer of technologically advanced combat flight sims including the next-gen IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles series of products set during WWII and the WWI flight simulator Rise of Flight." - Steam
- precision_manufacturingGOG (Good Old Games)
- content_pasteGOG have done simulation fans a great service by making older titles available and tweaked to work on modern platforms.Publisher
- precision_manufacturingInteractive Entertainment Networks
- content_paste"Wild Bill"" Stealey has recently (2003) rejoined IEN as CEO. "" My goal is to have a profitable series of products based on WarBirds. I would like to see a flying sim for every period of airborne conflict the United States has participated in, Dawn of Aces, WW II, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm.
I would like to have a civilian simulator that would allow the players to fly Cessna's, Pipers, WarBirds, over the US using current IFR and VFR rules. I would like to have a Total Sim series that included great land and tank battles (the WarBirds team tells me we could do that with WarBirds III!)""
(From an interview at www.furball.warbirdsiii.com).
- precision_manufacturingKey Publishing
- content_pastePublishers of magazines - including PC Pilot Magazine | Books | Multimedia | Flight Sims | Video and DVDs | apparel and merchandise.Publisher
- content_pasteKONAMI CORPORATION was founded in Osaka, Japan in 1969 by Kagemasa Kozuki, who currently serves as chairman of the board and chief executive officer. Perhaps better known for their arcade machines, they also produce games for popular console machines such as the X-box. Publisher
- content_pasteMicroprose developed a line of genre-defining Flight sims from the mid 1980's to 2000. Hasbro acquired Microprose in 1998.
- content_paste"Microsoft is the world's largest software developer. Microsoft recognised the potential of flight simulation in the 1980's, and civil flight sims continued to be their flagship entertainment product well into the 2000's.
The 'open architecture' of the series has been key to it's enormous popularity, with 3rd party vendors releasing scenery upgrades, extra aircraft and 'adventures', as well as a thriving 'freeware' community."
- precision_manufacturingPC Pilot
- content_pasteThis mag is beautifully presented with generous screenshots. The writers range from professional aviation authors to academics - and they are all flight sim nuts!Publisher
- precision_manufacturingThird Wire
- content_pasteThird Wire Productions was formed by ex EA/Janes and Microprose programmer Tsuyoshi Kawahito. Their first product: "Project 1" focussed on the "classic" jets of the 1950's and '60's.