Running the older sims in DOScan be tricky or near impossible! Here are a few hints from Dave Whiteside at Rowan Software on getting Dawn Patrol up and running on newer PC's.
- Modern PC's have enough DOS to run this (Win98 is based on DOS).
- Dawn Patrol works with a TnT2 (though not in accelerated mode)
- There is no way we can upgrade these DOS games to work with modern 3D cards - it would require a great lump of effort to get it to fit in the available memory space and DOS does not speak to D3D
to do so :-
- create a shortcut to control.exe
- change all the memory settings to auto
- save that
- it should now run in 320x200
- you can get it to run at 640x400 with a bit of fiddling
Dave Whiteside Please note that I can't answer questions about specific games or products. MiGMan