Surface to Air Missile Defence (S.A.M.)The strategy guide contains a brilliant, step by step explanation of missile defense.
Put very simply...
if you are tracked by a Radar Guided missile...
- Turn away from the missile
- Speed up (extend)
- Your DASS will deploy chaff
- Look at the missile using F3
- Turn the aircraft slowly
- When you see the missile change it's position in the canopy - execute a break turn
- Turn into the missile
- Your DASS will deploy flares
- Present the highest aspect ratio possible
- Barrel roll around the missile
Click the pictures for a bigger image