Title - Fighters Anthology (1998)
Room for improvement?
- Surprisingly the graphics conversion to Windows 95 and 98 did not support higher resolutions than 600 x 400! Surprising because the original - US Navy Fighters although running in DOS, supported resolutions up to 1024 x 768!
- Dodgy flight models on landing.
- Dodgy flight models in general.
- The F-22 which almost refuses to land!
- The frame rate hit around built up areas.... no matter how fast a PC you have the frame rate still drops to 6 -7 fps around the airbases.
- The sometimes wildly inaccurate weapon and fuel loads. The best example being the F-111 with 3,000 lbs of fuel... that should be around 18,000 lbs! Mind you the main aircraft were pretty accurate in these respects - out of over 100 aircraft eventually modelled in so many parameters you'd be surprised not to find a few bloopers!
None of these flaws are fatal to gameplay.