Exhibit - Microsoft Combat Flight Sim 3
Release Date: 2002
Developer: Aces Studios
In collection?: Yes.
Comments: The third in the series from Microsoft, the sim raised the bar again with a detailed and fast low altitude environment suitable for ground attack missions, and a dynamic campaign.
Spring 2002: MiGMan's first look
On September 18th 2002 I interviewed Scott Lee, product manager from Microsoft's Aces Studio, , and checked out the beta version of Microsoft Combat Flight Sim 3. READ ON.
- Intro cinematics
- The Menu screen
- A cartoon-free zone!
- Have map will fly...
- My fabulous career
- The Flying Jug
- Tree hugging
- Looking for a fight
- Heating up
- Getting the feel
- Eiffel like flying under that...
- A New Engine
- A very PC sim
- Wrapping up
The sim was released worldwide in November 2002.
My Campaign Nov 2002
- Curtiss P-55 Ascender
- Lockheed P-38J and P-38L Lightning
- Lockheed P-80A Shooting Star
- Martin B-26C (and F/G) Marauder
- North American P-51B and D Mustang
- Republic P-47D (early models) and P-47D-25 Thunderbolt
- de Havilland Mosquito B. IV, F.B VI, and F.B. XVIII
- de Havilland Vampire I
- Hawker Typhoon IB
- Hawker Tempest V
- North American Mitchell II (B-25C/D) and III (B-25J)
- Supermarine Spitfire L.F. IXc and L.F. IXe
- Dornier Do 335A-1 and Do 335B-2
- Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-5 and Fw 190A-8
- Gotha Go 229A-0
- Junkers Ju 88A-4, Ju 88C-6, and Ju88P-4
- Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6 and Bf 109G-10
- Messerschmitt Me 262A-21a and M2 262A-2a