Exhibit - Total Air War
- Friendlies are green, hostiles are red, neutrals are blue, and unknowns are yellow on the map.
- Place the mouse over a flight to see flight info, or click it to see more detailed info (including fuel and weapon status for friendly flights).
Zoom in with shift plus the left mouse button (select area). Zoom out with shift plus right-mouse.
- Orders are given by clicking on the friendly you wish to use, then dragging to the action point.
- If there is no object, you move the flight to a new CAP position.
- If you drag to an unknown, a vis-ident is ordered.
- Drag to a friendly to escort (or refuel if the aircraft has called for fuel and you vector it to a tanker).
- Drag to a hostile to engage it.
- Drag to an air base to land the flight.
MiGMan thanks Chinofor this overview and guide.
- In addition to the map (which can be displayed in 2D or 3D), you have a panel of buttons to control display of air defense ranges, air/ground/naval objects, aircraft routes, and choice of symbol types.
- You also have a 3D view of any selected object on the map (other than unknowns - that would be cheating!).
- When you order an action, you hear an authentic-sounding order (also displayed as text in the lower right of the screen).
- You can speed up the action with “Time Warp,” but watch carefully - and you can’t give orders while in time warp.