Exhibit - Total Air War
I ran the Direct 3D version flawlessy on a
Hercules 3D Prophet III Titanium 500
Last time I installed the sim I ran it on a
Banshee 2D/3D Graphics Accelerator Card
which was based on the 3DFX Voodoo 2 chipset .... unfortunately I can't remember which
version of the sim I installed - presumably it was the Glide (3DFX Voodoo) version.
On my Celeron 466 Mk II it ran very smoothly.
From the README.txt :
Windows 95 and Direct X5.2
TAW has specifically been designed to take advantage of the features provided by Windows 95. TAW requires the 'Direct X5.2' component of Windows to operate. The TAW setup program can install this for you.
- CPU : Pentium(R) P166 or equivalent
- RAM : 16Mb.
- HD SPACE : 70Mb (20Mb for the compact installation + 50Mb Free Space)
- CD : 2 x CD-ROM drive.
- VIDEO : 800x600 in 16bits (65536 colour) on the Windows desktop.
- SOUND : Sound Blaster 16 compatible or Windows Sound compatible sound card.
- MOUSE : Microsoft Mouse or other Windows '95 compatible device
- CPU: Pentium(R) P200 or higher
- RAM: 32Mb
- HD SPACE: 205Mb (155Mb for the typical installation + 50Mb Free Space)
- CD: 8 x CD-ROM drive.
- VIDEO: 3DFX or AGP bus based 3D accelerator video card
- SOUND: Creative Labs AWE32 or AWE64 card with 512k of memory.
- MOUSE: Microsoft Mouse or other Windows '95 compatible device
- MODEM: 2 players over minimum 9,600 BPS modem. A 28,800 modem is highly recommended.
- NETWORK: 2-8 players over Windows compliant network.
- SERIAL: Both machines must use the same parameters in the dialog box (Discounting COM port number).
- TCP/IP: The joining players must provide the 4-dot IP address or the domain name of the host computer.