Close Combat 3: The Russian Front: Troops in Contact
Here are some basic priniciples for using infantry and armour together in Close Combat 2.
- Seize and hold the objective.
- Engage and destroy any anti-tank weapons.
- Check for minefields and other anti-tank obstacles.
This Anti Tank gun has proved it's worth, but it can't stop the fast-moving infantry.
- Use the stand-off capabilities of their main gun to destroy weapon emplacements which hold up the infantry.
- Use their firepower to maintain the momentum of the attack. An approaching main battle tank can have a deavstating effect on infantry morale!