Close Combat 3: The Russian Front: Command and Control
In the Command and Control Phase you make decisions about:
- Your tactical goal for the upcoming battle
- The composition of your force
Let's evaluate the Victory Locations (VL) first:
- Easily defended West, difficult North and falling Back to 3 would be very exposed
- Low ground, little cover. A good chokepoint but you wouldn't want to defend there
- The bridge is an excellent chokepoint. You could defend from the houses to the East then fall back under covering fire from the trenches at 4
- Good trench systems, a well prepared defensive position with good fields of fire
- No cover, this Victory Location is best covered from the hills at 4. If the Germans advance this far you've lost control of the map
Soviet campaign Map 1
In Soviet mission 1 the briefing requires you to hold 1 victory location (VL) to win. The VL's are indicated by red stars on the briefing map.
Having evaluated the VL's then decide what type of defense you will mount.