Basic Employment of Armour
- Protection: Use infantry for support and to seek out and destroy anti-tank weapons. Also provide fire support (mortars).
- Mutual Support: Position tanks for mutual fire support at all times. Use the Bounding Overwatch principle for movement...
- Tank A moves to the next objective under cover from Tank B. Then Tank B moves under cover of Tank A.
- Speed: When in open country move the tanks at best speed to the next cover. When moving though close terrain they should advance with the infantry support,
- Cover: Having reached the next objective, the tank should halt on a reverse slope, hull down and or under cover.
- Artillery or mortar rounds can at least cause a tank to "button up", reducing the crew's ability to see your troops.