Ejection Speed Ranges:
EJECTION is mandatory in these circumstances:
- SAFE between 0 and 400 kts
- UNSAFE 400 - 600 kts
- EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS > 600 kts
- Aircraft is in a descending attitude and cannot be leveled out
- Stall below 5,000 ft
- Spin below 10,000 ft
- Engine fire
- If time allows head towards the sea or unpopulated areas.
- PREFERRED ALT > 10,000 FT
- SPEED < 400 KTS
- At low level Pitch UP 20 DEGREES as this imparts a higher trajectory to the ejection seat than ejecting from level flight
|Pull Ejection handle
One engine out.... time to look at the Ejection checklist.