Merlin - Helicopter sim
(a) During approach
Manual - During Approach
Banking led or right when hovering will give sideways helicopter motion. Banking led or right in fonward flight will make the helicopter turn.
Speed digital display of your speed in knots. Shows zero when you are hovering, and negative when you are flying backwards.
Altitude digital display of your height above the sea, combined with a clock calibrated at 10 feet intervals. Heading direction of flight.
(b) Descending onto the landing pad
- Once your helicopter is over the landing pad the pitch bars will
- be replaced by a diamond and a + symbol
- The letter L will also appear next to the altitude readout which will now give height
- above the deck of the ship
- To be centrally positioned over the deck you will need to adjust your position so that the diamond overlays the + symbol
- This may be achieved by using the cyclic control to push the diamond towards the +. For example, if the diamond is low and to the left of the +, push the cyclic control right and forward
- Use the collective control to descend gently onto the deck.