MiG-29 Fulcrum: Multiplayer
Internet multiplay on Novalogic's servers offers two types of game:
- Real Air War
Circles on the map indicate SAM ranges
- The first thing to do is press M to see the map
- Zoom the map in and out with S and X
Real Air War
The object of a R.A.W. game is to destroy your enemy's base.
This seemingly simple objective has endless permutations but will be won by the team..... note the word team, which works together.
The enemy bases are marked by waypoints
Command and control assets such as radar are primary targets
Multiplayer Defense Tactics for R.A.W.
- Your No.1 ONE DEFENSE PRIORITY is Protect your AWACS
- Leave a flight of one or preferably two near the AWACS. If you are reasonably sure of the axis of enemy attack this defense element can sprint out to engage interceptors at max range, then return, land and re-arm. (You only have to land and come to a stop to re-arm)
- The same flight can protect your bases from incoming bombers.
- Use 2 ship elements. If a singleton takes you on, split! You immediately increase his problems. As he turns to engage one of you, the other gets a nice rear-aspect shot.
Your no. 1 priority.
Note the 767 AWACS with F-15 escort near your base.
- Take out the SAM Sites.
- Take out the AWACS
- This will deprive the enemy of most of his Radar coverage. Then your bombing teams are much moree likely to get in undetected.
- Always send bombers in with a fighter escort.
Enemy SAM ranges are shown by the red circles
Teamwork is the key to success.
Multiplayer Death Match
This mode is a free for all Air Combat Arena.
- Fire missiles in pairs
- Use the IR targeting to sneak up