MiGPit Mk.VI MFD specs
I number them clockwise from the left:
There are THREE stall warnings, on MFD 1,3 and 5. I really need to see that, especially in the circuit. | August 2022 - now the stall warning is only on MFD 5
- Warning lights. Directly below the gear indicators on MFD 2 and right of WINWING Takeoff panel.
- Comms frequencies and active channels. Directly right of the radio selection and tuning controls on WINWING Takeoff panel.
- Transponder. Tuned in seconds with a touch panel on the Elgato Stream Deck
- Lat and Long.
- Temp and Baro pressure
- Local and Zulu time
- Backup HUD
- STALL warning
- Gear lights
- Baro reset switch (will be reassigned to physical switch on WINWING Combat Panel)
- Landing lights lever / indicator - Landing lights are u/s as of 27/3/22
- Parking Brake lever / indicator. Lever was constructed from the MB-339 by India FoxTecho. I actually deploy the brake with a physical switch on the WINWING Takeoff Panel.
- Autopilot status info. 3 panels.
- HSI with moveable caret controlled by a self centering left/right toggle on the WINWING Combat Panel. This works EXTREMELY WELL! After very little practice I can dial this in within seconds using my thumb and hand braced on top of the panel while glancing at this readout.
Primary flight instruments, the "Six Pack"
To change displays you simply swipe left and right.
- 6 packs calibrated to the MB-339, Edgley Optica, Zlin Shock Ultra
- HUD style which works with any aircraft
- STALL warning which appears over the bottom half of the screen. You can't miss it!
Generic HUD, good for fast jets
Zlin Shock Ultra
Browser based. Data flow = MSFS > Little Nav Map on second PC (not the sim PC) > MFD 4.
Little Nav Map combines telemetry from MSFS with a choice of about 10 different map databases. And a lot more!
- Moving map
- Flight Plan
I control this MFD via it's touch screen, and an Elgato Stream Deck No.2, which controls Little Nav Map.
This panel has undergone the most refinement, as Air Manager has taken over the control of MFD's 1-3.
- Engine status: Oil temp/press, Exhaust Gas Temp, RPM as precentage and absolute - VERY handy when operating different types.
- Fuel: flow and quantity in gallons.
- Electrics, status and values
- Lights status. These do work as touch screen inputs with haptic feedback which is good, but I prefer to operate them using the Elgato Stream Deck which has a more 'clicky' feel.
- The third STALL warning! It would be nice if SimDashboard implemented audible warnings for these conditions. Hmm, feature request! Although many/most a/c generate audible stall warnings in the sim. So, it's not necessary I guess.
Engine, Electrics, Oil, EGT, ADI, Autopilot, Icing, Lights, Time, Speed, Altitude, Heading. Easy to read. Designed to complement a six pack on another device. Large STALL and OVERSPEED warnings appear at top left.