Have a look at the flight plan and briefing and you'll get a lot more enjoyment out of your flight!
I recommend printing out the first page of the briefing and writing notes on that.
This can be done in about 5 minutes.
- Load the flight plan
- Runway altitude: 41ft
- Cruise altitude (RWY ALT plus 1500 feet): 1500 ft
- Does the track run clockwise or counterclockwise? CLOCKWISE
- Bearing to WP 1: ~ 345 deg
- Type of feature at the waypoints?
- WP 1 - Small inlet on the right
- WP 2 - Windfarms (last ones on the right, highest)
- WP 3 - Two lakes - 90 deg left at or before the twin lakes and fly through the gap
- WP 4 - Coastal town
- WP 5 - Coast > follow the coast
- WP 6 - Coast
- WP 7 - Coast
If you're flying with a buddy, it helps a lot to have a general plan for the flight too.